Tuesday, 3 September 2013

This Saturday, I went to Riet Vell for a ringuing, (for interested people, each Saturday there's a ringuing).The ringuer was Alberto, he is very good, he let me pull out birds from the nets and to ring them. The volunteers in Riet Vell are super cool all of them are very kind and from diferent nacionalities and Alberto's gilfriend is a natural horse tamer and she was training one on the horses on Riet and I helped her for 1 hour it was very cool! Focusing on the ringuing, we didn't ring a lot of species nor any special bird, we ringued:

-Kingfisher (Alcedo Attis)
-Reed Warbler (Acrocephalus Scirpaceus)
-Great Reed Warbler (Acrocephalus Arundinaceus)
-Chiff-Chaff (Phylloscopus Collybita)
-Barn Swallow (Hirundo Rustica)

In the afternoon a friend of mine came to see the ringuing (Ferran).
Well all last Saturday was a great day and I learned a lot about ringuing, horses, birds in general...
Last Saturday was a greate day! I hope to repeat it next Saturday!
PD:Sorry that I haven't got any photos next time I will.

1 comment:

  1. Did you ring a Chifchaf!?!?!? Did you take any photos from it? Very early for this species!!
    Audouin

    ReplyDelete